From: midrange-l-admin@midrange.com [mailto:midrange-l-admin@midrange.com]On
Behalf Of Booth Martin
Sent: Sunday, May 12, 2002 12:16 PM
To: midrange-l@midrange.com
Subject: Re: When is a Windows network not a Windows network

Now I am even more confused... He would buy and set up this little $500 box
just so he can flip the A/B switch and run Windows to use IE to visit the
sites of the web writers that love the Microsoft-exclusive
features??????  Then, after being properly awed, he'd flip the A/B switch
back to his real life and business?  Is this any basis for a business model?

I'm prepared to admit that Microsoft has won the Desktop Operating System
Wars, but for all the rest of applications out there Microsoft in any
category, whether its spreadsheets or getting the correct time.

Add to this that the desktop is rapidly becoming replaced by all sorts of
specialized appliances and one has to seriously question the professional
judgement of any IT manager that accepts the Microsoft-everywhere mantra.
My impression is that Microsoft Kool Aid is just like all the other kool
aids... lots of sugar, leading to lots of cavities.

Booth Martin http://www.MartinVT.com
Booth@MartinVT.com