>Seems to me that the problem is that that 1 guy (as you say) is not willing
>to abandon a tool that obviously doesn't work (NS). I grant that it may hurt
>to embraced M$, but the fact is that IE simply IS better than NS.
>NS lost it when they decided to flaunt the standard and M$ saw that
>by supporting the standard they would get a leg up on NS.

Leif,

Abandoning a tool is exactly what I did do. I moved from Windows to Linux.

Windows was too expensive to keep going. I am a one man business and I
need a stable a reliable network. I looked at the losses caused by
Windows downtime in terms of my lost time, inconvenience and even lost
data and arrived at a figure of $8400 dollars per annum. Windows finally
crashed on me one last time and I threw it out - to hell with my NT
server licenses.

I replaced Windows with Linux and found it to be superior, and much,
much cheaper to run. Almost as stable as OS/400. Now I don't have server
crashes, I have more free time, less hasle and I have put a value of
approx $8000 dollars/annum on that.

I used to think MS software was great, but experience, trying to run a
business has tought me otherwise. I refuse to be a slave to MS and
Windows. I don't work for my machines -- I am determined that my
machines will work for me!!

Syd Nicholson