Richard,

Check to see which user owns the file.  It is likely some user that you are
swapping to in the middle of your job.  The user that built and owns the
file is likely not the same user that you are running as when you try to
access it.

Watch the attribute in the Job header called "Current User".  That is the
user who's authority you are currently running under.  It is not always the
same as the "Job User" - the user that started the job.

You can also control who can read a file based on the attributes of the
outfile that you are routing to.  The out queue may have more restrictive
rights than you are used to.  There is a good chapter in the Security
Reference manual about Out queue authority.  It should help you get quickly
up to speed.

And no, you do not want to give *SPLCTL to QTMHHTTP - unless you want to
grant to everyone on the web the ability to read, change or delete every
spool file on your system.   =:o

jte

--
John Earl