From: midrange-l-admin@midrange.com
[mailto:midrange-l-admin@midrange.com]On Behalf Of Scott Klement
Sent: Wednesday, May 01, 2002 3:50 PM
To: midrange-l@midrange.com
Subject: Re: QOpenSys access

On Wed, 1 May 2002, Dan Bale wrote:

> Does one need Client Access to access QOpenSys from the desktop?  I.e.,
> through Windows Explorer?  NOTE:  This is a V3R2 AS/400.  (and the desktop
> is Win98SE)

In V3R2, you need Client Access or another equivalent program (I used
RUMBA) in order to access any directory of your AS/400, including QOpenSys.

> How do I create subfolders and navigate through them from within a CL
> program?

Well, the CRTDIR (shortcut = MD) CL command creates folders & subfolders.
The CHGCURDIR (shortcut = CD) CL command changes your current directory.

Aside from that, I'm not sure what you mean by "navigate".  If you're
trying to create files or read a list of files from a CL program, you
probably can't...  you'll probably have to use the IFS APIs from an RPG or
C program.  (Since QSHELL didn't exist in V3R2)