From: KarthikeyanS@lincsoftware.soft.net
[mailto:KarthikeyanS@lincsoftware.soft.net]
Sent: Friday, April 19, 2002 7:14 AM
To: midrange-l@midrange.com
Subject: Urgent - AS400 Connectivity Problem

Hi All,

I have a problem with my as400 connectivity to my emulator software.   I'm
trying to connect a 150 model as/400 server (V4R2) system to a emulator
software here. The problem starts when i ping my as400.  My PC on the
network is getting the  reply for some time and after some time it gets a
request time out message. So, what happens is even if i connect to the
as400 through a emulator software, it connects in the beginning and gets
disconnected after some time (may be in 2 or 3 minutes after connecting).
But, If I connect the as400 to a separate hub(where no other pc's are
connected) and connect my pc to that hub, there is no request time out
message and I'm able to work in the emulator software without getting
disconnected.  I think with this i can come to a conclusion that my as400's
ethernet card is working fine.   This as400 is connected to a LAN port.  I
have also tried connecting the as400 directly to the hub or switch, but
face the same problem.  There are other as400 systems in the network (170
models V4R4) which are working fine.

What could be the exact problem and where could it be?? Please help me to
solve this never ending problem ASAP.