:From: midrange-l-admin@midrange.com
:[mailto:midrange-l-admin@midrange.com] On Behalf Of Peter Colpaert
:Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2002 8:02 AM
:To: midrange-l@midrange.com
:Subject: Re: SQL Update ?
:
:Mark,
:
:you could use the following statement:
:
:update FILE set substr(LCE, 1, 3) = '341' where substr(LCE, 1,
:3) = '300'
:
:Of course, you would have to do this 55 times (11 changes in 5
:files), but with the F9=Retrieve button a lot of typing can be avoided.
:
:HTH,
:
:Peter Colpaert
:Application Developer
:
:Honda Europe NV
:Langerbruggestraat 104
:B-9000 GENT
:Peter.Colpaert@honda-eu.com
:Tel: +32 9 2501 334
:Fax: +32 9 2501 231
:When 900 years old you reach, look as good, you will not. - Yoda
:
:
:
: