> > does not look like something that can be put on a 400, to get data
> > from, say, Oracle or SQL Server. I.e., where the 400 is a client. Their
> > client list includes OS/390 when you hav its Unix System Services, if I
am
> > reading it rightly. No 400. May be in PASE?

-snip-

I'm not sure if the following has already been mentioned in the discussion:

-snip

IBM's DataJoiner provides DB2 UDB for AS/400  with access to wide a variety
of databases - this includes the DB2 Family as well as non-DB2 databases
such as Oracle and SQL Server. DB2 UDB for AS/400 utilizes Data Joiner's
capabilities with simple DRDA SQL requests. Once server mappings and
nicknames have been defined in DataJoiner, the AS/400 SQL requests will look
identical to accessing a remote DB2 UDB for AS/400 server. Some remote
access examples are included in this document.

Since DataJoiner runs on the NT platform, you can implement a fairly
integrated solution for remote heterogeneous database access by having
DataJoiner run on an AS/400 Integrated Netfinity Server (INS). As mentioned
earlier DB2 UDB for AS/400 requests are passed to DataJoiner via DRDA. The
current version of IBM's DataJoiner (version 2.1.1) cannot be used as a
TCP/IP DRDA Application Server - this forces DB2 UDB for AS/400 to use DRDA
over an SNA connection to pass along requests to IBM's DataJoiner engine.

-snip

For more information see
http://www.as400.ibm.com/developer/bi/datajoiner.html

Lo