Chris wrote:
>It can be live session but certain attributes may not be
>supported by the physical/emulated device.  Those cause the
>errors.  Normal day to day screen seem to work fine, then
>there is that one screen that hoses the job.
>
>Just a stab in the dark, but first thing I always check.

How would you check this?  Other 27x132 screens (WRKSPLF, SEU) work fine.

Jeff wrote:
>output overrides?... <snip>

Nope.

Guy wrote:
>I looked up the message text for CPF5411 and it says
>for display devices an entry has been made in the Problem
>Log.  If you do a WRKPRB what does it say?

Nothing.  No entry in the problem log.

Simon wrote:
>>System failure on device DBALES1 with feedback code 00000101.
>
>That message indicates the device issued an unknown or unexpected
>return code.  I'll bet you are using an emulator rather than a
>real screen.  Since you are in 132 column mode, try using 80 column
>mode and see if the problem recurs.  I'd suspect not.

But all other screens in 27x132 mode work fine on this client and system.
Well, I went ahead and checked anyways, changed the display to 24x80, and
got the same problem.

- Dan Bale
(I am *NOT* "Dale"
http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l/200105/msg00281.html )