That's true.  I was doing Copy/Paste with Windows accelerator keys.  If I
don't use accelerator keys, but instead use the keyboard handler that I
wrote for the other control keys I could do what you describe and have
copy/paste work with Ctrl-V and Ctrl-C.   (I'm already doing this for all
of the other control keys, why didn't I think of it in conjunction with
the copy/paste functions?!)

But, in the unix version, ctrl-c is SysReq.  I'm not sure that I want the
default key sequences to vary between OSes.   But, I can certainly make
Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V an option that can be enabled.