From: midrange-l-admin@midrange.com
[mailto:midrange-l-admin@midrange.com]On Behalf Of Fritz Hayes
Sent: Wednesday, March 27, 2002 12:25 PM
To: midrange-l@midrange.com
Subject: RE: Disk Drives

Remember, users love to keep everything that comes in via e-mail.
Things like comics, mpgs, and Midrange lists  ;-)  Planning for storage
is a big part of designing the system.  Database fix-up and recovery on
Exchange needs lots of disk space, on the same server, so do look over
what it takes to restore or fix someone's mailbox!

And don't forget to plan out a strategy for virus scanning, anti-relay
and remote POP3 users!

Best Regards

Fritz Hayes
Atwater Associates

<snip>

| Well, the Exchange quote had 1TB of storage (WAY overkill in my
opinion -
| about 1.25GB/user!) and I requested a 400GB quote with the iSeries
DSD.
| We'll have between 700 and 800 users and will probably either use the
| iNotes
| for Outlook as a standard or the Web Access. With 400GB, that's still
| 500MB
| per user (at 800 users). I believe we could even go with half that to
| begin
| with - or less. I've been "volunteered" to help our PC guys convert
all of
| our users to Windows 2000 and that includes backing up their email.
The