Angela:  Do you have a client-access session started on the PC and the
"incoming remote command" activated under control panel?
Rick-

>>> "Angela Wawrzaszek" <awawrzaszek@nucorauburn.com> 03/21/02 09:51AM >>>

I am trying to start an executable program on another server from the AS/400. I
tried using strpco however it does not like this and I am assuming it is
because we are not executing the as/400 CL from that PC. I would like to have
this CL on a user(s) menu so that is can be executed whenever and it will also
be submitted on a job sceduler. I then tried running the command by using
runrmtcmd within the CL. It is telling me host refused an attempted connect
operation. I am able to browse this server from my PC so I would think that
means I am authorized.

Error Message:

2816 - RUNRMTCMD CMD('"\\CNYNUCOR002\DNB EMAILER\DNB.EXE" DNB-BATCH')
RMTLOCNAME('192.168.0.196' *IP) RMTUSER(MCLOUGHLIN) RMTPWD()
A remote host refused an attempted connect operation.
Command did not complete successfully.
CPF91CC received by ACR@296CL at 2816. (C D I R)

CHGVAR VAR(&CMD) VALUE('"\\CNYNUCOR002\DNB +
EMAILER\DNB.EXE" DNB-BATCH')

OVRPRTF FILE(*PRTF) OUTQ(QEZDEBUG)
RUNRMTCMD CMD(&CMD) RMTLOCNAME('192.168.0.196' *IP) +
RMTUSER(MCLOUGHLIN) RMTPWD(XXXXXXXXX)
DLTOVR FILE(*PRTF)

at http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l .
--