Andy,
        you answer is correct in principle but there are two more issues:

1.      Frequently the subsystems (and therefore also the jobs) are ended
*IMMED,
        this will cause a *NOLIST job to produce a joblog anyway.
2.      Some jobs set their LOG job attribute at run-time, regardless of the
jobd
        setting

Dang annoying as joblogs can be, I feel they are probably here to stay,
wanted or not.

Why not use the Cleanup options (GO CLEANUP), and set the Joblogs value to a
low
value, "1" perhaps.  If not, it is a fairly straightforward task for a piece
of CL
to tidy up joblogs automatically.  This will help keep your table space
utilisation
down to a reasonable level.

Kind Regards

Jeffrey E. Bull
Software Support Consultant
IBM Certified AS/400 System Administrator
ITM Group Limited

tel.        +44 [0] 149 487 8589
mbl.    +44 [0] 786 750 4961
web.   http://www.itm-group.co.uk

Chalfont Grove, Narcot Lane, Chalfont St Peter,
Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire,  SL9 8TY, UK