Maybe the key is to change the ODBC driver but give it the same name as the
current data source. Then the change is in the ODBC config, and maybe VB
can just use it - I'd be looking at any extra stuff, like authentication,
that VB is doing. But if the connection stuff is now completely hidden in
the ODBC data source, you might not need to change anything in the VB code.