We've been talking about how bad the Infocenter is, especially
searches.  So I decided to try a search from the Infocenter page for
V5R1 (note that says V5R1).

I decided to search on "WRKOBJPDM" and see what I got.

I got the following 7 hits:

        1.0 Part 1 - Reference for AS/400 AS CII Work Station
                Reference V3R1
        2.0 ILE Application Example for ILE Application Development
                Example V4R1
        2.0 ILE Application Example for ILE Application Development
                Example V4R1
        CONTENTS Table of Contents for Programming Development
                Manager (PDM)
        1.0 Part 1 - Reference for AS/400 ASCII Work Station
                Reference V3R1
        2.0 ILE Application Example for ILE Application Development
                Example V4R1
        Files used by CL commands

Note that 1 and 5 are identical.  Note that 2, 3, and 6 are identical.

Only the 4th one has anything to do with the WRKOBJPDM command, the 7th
one marginally.  The very first hit is the "Reference for AS/400 ASCII
Work Station Reference V3R1."  Say what?  Unfortunately, this is all too
representative of how hard it is to find something.  Often there are
(actually "were" is more accurate as I gave up on Infocenter searches
some time ago) hundreds or even thousands of hits most of which have
absolutely no relevance whatsoever.

And I'm tired of hearing how hard those Infocenter people are working.
Digging ditches is hard work too, but has no relevance to fixing this.
Whatever they have been doing sure hasn't made it to the light of day.

--
Jeff Crosby
Dilgard Frozen Foods, Inc.

The opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily
the opinion of my company.  Unless I say so.