From: Jeff Crosby [mailto:jlcrosby@dilgardfoods.com]
Sent: 18 March 2002 21:50
To: Midrange Mailing List
Subject: V5R1 Install Changes

In the mists of my memory, I think someone has complained about this
before, but here goes.

MODES(*RANT *VENT)

Does anyone know why IBM removed Chapter 3 ("Preparing to Install
Software") from SC41-5120 Software Installation and put in in the
Infocenter?  In prior versions all that info was contained in 1
document, the Software Installation manual, where it belonged.  This put
everything in one manual for installing a new release.

Now, instead I have to get a bunch of HTML from the Infocenter.  And it
isn't contained in one organized document, I had to press PRINT and BACK
umpteen gazillion times.  If it's going to be in the Infocenter, at
least make it printable as a PDF or something.

But why remove it from the manual in the first place?  It seems so
ludicrous to me that I must be missing something obvious to everyone
else.  Either that or IBM is purposely trying to make the iSeries so
hard that it takes IBM Global Services to fix everything after you're
done.  Sheesh, IBM doesn't need competition to kill the iSeries, they'll
do it themselves.  The lab people need to get out into the real world
and breathe some clear air for awhile.

MODES(*CLEARALL)

I feel better now. <g>

--
Jeff Crosby
Dilgard Frozen Foods, Inc.

The opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily
the opinion of my company.  Unless I say so.

http://www.star.net.uk

DISCLAIMER

Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the
individual and not necessarily the Company. This email
and any files transmitted with it, including replies and
forwarded copies (which may contain alterations)
subsequently transmitted from the Company, are
confidential and solely for the use of the intended recipient. If you are not
the intended recipient or the
person responsible for delivering to the intended recipient,
be advised that you have received this email in error and
 that any use is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this email in error please notify the IT
manager by telephone on +44 (0)208 4762000 or via
email to Administrator@itm-group.co.uk, including a copy
of this message. Please then delete this email and
destroy any copies of it.

http://www.star.net.uk