Jeff,

I found that extremely frustrating also.

It has been awhile though.  I am not sure how much of that was dynamic.  I
can understand it for referring you to dynamic information, like the
memo-to-users, read-this-first and stuff like that.

If you are really unhappy, you can always fill in the card in the back of
the manual and send it in.

Benjamin Franklin

                    Jeff Crosby
                    ods.com>                  cc:
                    Sent by:                  Fax to:
                    midrange-l-admin@mi       Subject:     V5R1 Install Changes
                    drange.com

                    03/18/2002 04:50 PM
                    Please respond to
                    midrange-l

In the mists of my memory, I think someone has complained about this
before, but here goes.

MODES(*RANT *VENT)

Does anyone know why IBM removed Chapter 3 ("Preparing to Install
Software") from SC41-5120 Software Installation and put in in the
Infocenter?  In prior versions all that info was contained in 1
document, the Software Installation manual, where it belonged.  This put
everything in one manual for installing a new release.

Now, instead I have to get a bunch of HTML from the Infocenter.  And it
isn't contained in one organized document, I had to press PRINT and BACK
umpteen gazillion times.  If it's going to be in the Infocenter, at
least make it printable as a PDF or something.

But why remove it from the manual in the first place?  It seems so
ludicrous to me that I must be missing something obvious to everyone
else.  Either that or IBM is purposely trying to make the iSeries so
hard that it takes IBM Global Services to fix everything after you're
done.  Sheesh, IBM doesn't need competition to kill the iSeries, they'll
do it themselves.  The lab people need to get out into the real world
and breathe some clear air for awhile.

MODES(*CLEARALL)

I feel better now. <g>

--
Jeff Crosby
Dilgard Frozen Foods, Inc.

The opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily
the opinion of my company.  Unless I say so.