The line number is probably the compiler statement number not the source
line number in error. It can help if you compile programs with
OPTION(*SRCSTMT). This allows the source statement number to be included
in program messages, debug, etc.

Your problem could be a number that is too big to fit into a value. With
MOVE, MOVEL this is not usually a problem, the number can overflow its
size and a small number results. However, the EVAL op code does not
allow this to happen. EVAL does not allow numeric overflow. eg.

EVAL      A=B                           where A is 3 digit number and B
is a 5 digit number.

If B ever gets bigger than 999 then a program exception like the one you
are seeing will occur.

Hope this helps you find the source of the error.

Syd Nicholson