Syd

Rather than actually list the members you might want to just retrieve the
count of members in the file using the file description API (name escapes
me at the moment and I'm at home). This would probably be marginally
quicker (which could be important if there are lots of members being
transmitted) and less resource hungry although admittedly it could be
considered another layer of logic depending on how obvious you like the
things you are doing to be in code.

If this is a one off exercise to pump data from one platform to another and
there will be a lot of data there is a limit on the number of members that
can exist in a file at one time (32,767 I believe). If you exceed this it
is a rather horrible experience as it will damage the file beyond repair.

Also be aware that the number of members can impact user profile internals
in terms of how many objects a user can own - there are limits here that
are rather nasty although only applicable if you are talking many many
thousands of file members.

Apologies if you already have a handle on these factors.

Regards
Evan Harris