From: Vernon Hamberg [mailto:vhamberg@attbi.com]
Sent: Friday, March 15, 2002 12:59 AM
To: midrange-l@midrange.com
Subject: Re: ODBC performance with UPS Worldship

A key point with ODBC is having indexes that support your queries.

Also, what is the app using? VB? MS Jet? OLE-DB? Or can you know? Jet is
one of the worst nightmares, as it goes to the absolute lowest denominator.

I heartily recommend one of the Client Access ODBC manuals. The one from a
couple of releases back has some excellent chapters on making ODBC run
better.