thanks, Also I am guess I will buy gallons not just fifths.........

-----Original Message-----
From: rob@dekko.com [mailto:rob@dekko.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2002 12:30 PM
To: midrange-l@midrange.com
Subject: RE: Restoring a V5R1 machine back to V4R4

Do a complete option 21 save of your V5R1 machine.

Then save all of your volatile data again.  This time with a target release
of V4R4.  Fix anything that didn't save because it wasn't compiled down to
that level and save them or redo this last save.

Then following the Backup and Recovery guide for a system which has lost
it's load source disk.  Use your last save from when you were at V4R4 to
restore.

You will lose the contents of data queues and output queues.  If you have
SNADS you could do a SNDNETSPLF to a dummy user on the current V4R4 machine
to store the spool files.  Then send them back once you are restored.  If
you use *ALLDATA instead of *RECDTA on the SNDNETSPLF you should only lose
the job name, user, number.

May I recommend alcohol?

Benjamin Franklin

                    "Beebe, Linda"
                    <lbeebe@dlis.dla.mi       To:
"'midrange-l@midrange.com'" <midrange-l@midrange.com>
                    l>                        cc:
                    Sent by:                  Fax to:
                    midrange-l-admin@mi       Subject:     RE: Restoring a
V5R1 machine back to V4R4
                    drange.com

                    03/14/2002 12:05 PM
                    Please respond to
                    midrange-l

no new hardware. "Should" have a full system backup, although the operator
is not always on top of things.. And I have all ready thought of the
resume,
theres just not that many 400's in this area!

:-)