Ok the following is from the old ops console book, but it still applies:

Deactivating the communications line on AS/400
Use this section to manually deactivate the communications line on AS/400.
Your
system should be in manual mode and the extended control panel functions
activated. The extended functions are activated from when the
communications
line was activated.
To deactivate the communications line on AS/400, do the following:
1. If your system is not in manual mode, the extended functions are not
activated,
or both, follow these steps:
a. First, if your AS/400 uses a keystick, insert it in the key slot.
b. Place AS/400 into manual mode by using the system?s control panel.
c. Using the up and down buttons, select function 25. Then, press the
Enter
button.
d. Use the up button to select function 26. Then, press the Enter button.
2. Use the down button to select function 65. Then, press the Enter
button.
If the deactivation is successful, the Function/Data window responds with
D1008065.

If i remember doing this you need to do a function 66 after the 65 to
reactivate the comm card.
 pause a second or two between each function select,  don't know why but I
remember IBM support saying it was necessary.
(I think he was pulling my leg a bit on that one<g>)

 Bryan Dietz
3X Corporation

"Leif Svalgaard" <leif@leif.org>
Sent by: midrange-l-admin@midrange.com