Are you using the trigger buffer in your trigger program?  If you make your
trigger *before *insert and alwrepchg(*yes) then you can just update the
buffer to change the record before it hits the database.  That is what I do
whenever a trigger has to change the record that is being inserted/updated.

Scott Mildenberger