No problem with knowing when update is complete. The last record in the
member will have a specific identifier. When this record is received the
upload is complete.

The exit program will tell me an upload has been requested. I will need
to monitor for completion, or inform the operator that an error has occured.

The 'user' sending the data is another computer program. It cannot be
changed. There will be only one file member for each upload.

Syd Nicholson