Hi Dan,

This is a very interesting question. I too have a need for a 'member
event' trigger.

So far the only things  I can find that are of use to me are the member
APIs - eg. QUSLMBR, lists all members in a file to a user space, and CL
command RTVMBRD to obtain member information.

To trigger an event when a member is added, changed, or deleted still
eludes me. I would be nice if IBM would add a data queue to a file,
rather like they do with an output queue. The entry of data into such a
queue would trigger a monitoring program.

I will follow this thread with interest.

Syd Nicholson