I didn't see the original question in this thread, so I'm sorry if I missed
something or state something that has already been stated.

If the question is how to view a spool file in pdf format, with as little
interaction as possible, this may be the answer.

1. Load full Acrobat on client's pc. PDF printer is created automatically
when installed (use custom).
2. Create 400 printer session on client's pc, using acrobat printer as the
selected printer.
3. Use acrobat setup (on the session's printer setup) to uncheck the "prompt
for PDF filename" (I also have "ask to replace existing PDF" unchecked).
4. Do check the "use acrobat to view results in acrobat".

Now when the client wants to view a splf in any outq in pdf format, all they
have to do is enter a "2" beside the splf they want to see and type
Outq(pdfoutq) on the command line (I'm sure this could be automated 100
ways, even with CAE's macros).  Then the splf is moved to the outq with the
wtr pointing to the pc printer with the pdf print driver (try saying that 10
times), Magically, acrobat opens with the splf converted. They can view it,
print it, save it, etc. By having the splf *sav, it can be viewed again with
a "6" for release or moved to another outq. With no *sav it will be gone.

David Boling
Rowan County Information Systems Director