Dumb question time - is there any point to the printers being different
types? We have no control over this, right?

Am trying an experiment with remote outqs. You can say how many writers to
autostart. I started 3. I specified the system on which was creating the
outq and pointed it at an existing printer outq (a PCOMM printer emulation).

I did 3 screen prints, held the spooled files, and moved them to this new
remote outq. It took awhile for the writers to get going.

Once all 3 were in EVTW astatus, I released the spooled files. All 3 jobs
apparently took one of the spooled files. They are rotating through RUN and
DLYW status. Each of the spooled files is in SND status, although it took
awhile for each one to get picked up.

I know - this is probably not the intended way to use this. Just curious.
It is not going as fast as running them through one queue, but then, they
are all going to the same LPD port, so what can you expect?

It might be good if directed to the same LPD server. And it would certainly
help with multiple local printers, I think.