>> NATIVE AIX RUMORED FOR ISERIES LPAR | News: The Four Hundred
>>
>> IBM is expected to roll out by July full support for the AIX
>> operating system -- running within logical partitions on iSeries
>> servers

> Why does this get labelled as a rumour ?

> Given that you can already take certain AIX binaries (compiled on AIX) and
> run them in PASE on the iSeries, why is the above announcement such a
> surprise ?

I can't tell you why it was labelled as a rumor, or whether it will actually
happen, but I can tell you what an AIX partition would give you over and above
PASE -- it would solve the problem with needing to compile AIX binaries on AIX
before running them in PASE...  I would expect that PASE would still offer the
best environment for deploying AIX applications that need to actively share data
and resources with iSeries applications, but having an environment that doesn't
support any of the compilers is a royal pain...  Being able to configure an AIX
partition on your iSeries development box would be great!

Janet Krueger
Rochester