Hi Guys

I have a bit of a problem with a recent test system restore - on completion
of the restore to a different system at a different site - host servers do
not seem to allow connection via client access.

The sequence of events was:
- Tape in 8mm drive was an option 21 save
- IPL source set to D and system started up
- After LIC was reloaded the restore option to restore all on the RESTORE
menu was selected
- The option to specify a different system was taken
- All libraries etc seemed to restore OK according to the messages
- The ethernet card was configured with a new IP address
- Appropriate routing was set up to talk to the router on the segment
- Both sites can ping each other
- Telnet to the AS/400 works from the remote site
- CWBPING returns errors that the server mapper is not responding.
- A client access (express) connection  works on the local site but is
reportedly not working on the remote site.Given the CWBPING response I am
inclined to believe this at this stage :)

I have checked that QSERVER, TCP and the host server jobs are active.

Netstat shows that most of the listeners are working but the as-svrmap
listener is NOT active (I may have missed another one but this seems to be
the cause of the problem at present)

When host servers is started, the as-svrmap job can be seen to start and go
into a wait state for a while then die. So far I haven't been able to
determine what is causing this. I can see this behaviour both through
Netstat and the job that runs in QSERVER.

Does anyone have any idea what is causing this ? I'm of the opinion that
I've not really restored something correctly, or have not reset something
to account for the fact that I'm at a different site.

I have checked the network attributes. IP address, hosts tables and can't
see anything. althou I'll bet someone can tell me what it is I have
neglected to fix.

Any pointers to the manual or elsewhere are welcome

regards
Evan Harris