Uh, I even tried it in service mode with network support (we backup
accross a network to a removeable drive).  Never been able to get a clean
backup without missing something...

The fact that MS's techie reps locally don't even use it was a bit
interesting...

What Veritas does is that they fake object locks/unlocks as I understand
it so that they can grab a copy of what they need...MS doesn't seem to
think they need to...even when doing a "system state" backup...

I really wish someone could tell me the secret on this one because I've
been looking for a while...and even Toronto told me they couldn't get
theirs to work either...the folks I spoke with up there said their
proceedure was a reload...and then restore the DATA files from
backup...which means you lose ALOT...and it's time consuming...

go figure...

-----