It's been awhile, but I remember sometimes getting by with ordering a few
MFs through ECS, even though we didn't have a hardware maintenance
contract. But I'd eventually get a slap-on-the-hand call from IBM. What's
confusing is that you get any of the MFs needed when you use the 'Order
fixes' method (to Boulder). I mean, they put in everything, regardless of
hardware maintenance status. The rules are not consistent - surprise!

And, of course, CUMs have both SFs and MFs.