Hi Chuck,

The reflection tn5250 client has visual basic macro capability the could
meet your needs.

To display the picture of the employee:
        The user would position the cursor or mouse to the employee id nbr
        Then mouse click or ctrl-SomeKey keystroke  ( right click, ctrl-X, etc )
        A reflection VB macro that is linked to the keystroke runs on the pc.
        The VB macro screen scrapes the employee id nbr.
        Then the VB macro runs ADO or ODBC code to chain to a file on the as400
by
employee nbr that contains the name of the employee picture image file.
        VB pgm then displays the image file in a picture control.

Here is a reflection vb macro that runs when the right mouse button is
clicked:
  Sub RightMouseClick()
    Dim col As Long
    Dim row As Long
    Dim sText As String
    col = Session.MouseClickColumn
    row = Session.MouseClickRow
    sText = Session.GetDisplayText(row, col, 20)
    MsgBox "Right mouse click. Column:" & col & "  Row:" & row & _
           " Contents:" & sText
  End Sub

Reflection has very good capabilities for something like this.  You can even
run VB code every time a new screen is displayed.  That code would interpret
which display is on the screen and if it is the one with the employee
number, it could auto display the picture of the employee.

Contact me if you want me to code it for you.

Steve Richter
AutoCoder, LLC