I have an old v3r2 box that I use occasionally.  It has a 2617 10Mb Ethernet
card.  The box and card ran fine for years.  Now, the Ethernet line keeps
failing. Sometimes it will run for hours no problem, sometimes it lasts only
a few minutes.  I've written CL to loop through PINGs and loop through FTP
sessions.   I've swapped out the cables.  Swapped the hub.  Swapped the
Ethernet card (doesn't everyone have a spare 2617 laying around??).  I'll
try changing slots next.

I'm thinking that perhaps a PTF I've loaded since 'the good old days' is to
blame.

Does anyone have any recollection of a similar problem?

Thanks.

Go... FASTER!  Without an upgrade!  With ARCTOOLS/400(tm)
http://www.arctools.com
info@arctools.com
DCSoftware, Inc.
Ph: (508) 435-8243