Hello James,

to answer a few of your questions:

The 170s come PCI-only, sorry, no migration of SPD-cards possible.
Normally, the 170 has a combination of a one port communication-controller
and a 4-port twinax controller a base feature. This is intended to be the
ECS-modem
and the console attachment and gives you 28 twinax adresses to use.

If I would do this migration, I would start from scratch with the new system,
this means start installing from CD with IPL from D.
Empty the disks, see if the disks are all in an modulo-8 RAID set (this is the
best choice for your 10 disk configuration), this means reinstall the LIC
and initialize the system first, then add them all to ASP1 ...
Then you load (manual installation) the system base only and go on
with your user profiles and the authority from a SAVSECDTA from the CISC
machine.
The rest depends on your config and is explained in detail in the CISC-RISC
roadmap, which I can only recommend to follow. (Ok, well, not ALL details
in there, but the direction of actions is clear ..)
If both machines are networked, it should be no problem to get even the
spool files over to the new system (SNDNETSPLF), IF you really need them.

Just ask, if you need more help / infos.

HTH, regards from germany, Philipp Rusch