Hello

Background:
AS/400 model 170
V5R1M0 (since 2/23/2002)
Cum C1302510 (latest cum and all groups on order)
Netserver configured to be the logon server
Network PCs are Win95, Win98se, WinNT4 Workstation (sp6), WinXP Pro
No PC servers involved

The WinXP and one of two WinNT4 PCs keep causing the following
message. Reason code 3 and 4 both show up. If I restart  the named PC
another shows up soon after. The Win9x PCs do not show up in one of
these messages at any time. Also, only the Win9x PCs are logging on to
the AS/400 domain as I haven't been able to confirm if the PLC is
compatible with WinXP yet and haven't gotten to the NT4.

Any ideas on how to prevent these systems from arguing with the AS/400
over being the master browser.

                         Additional Message Information

 Message ID . . . . . . :   CPIB687       Severity . . . . . . . :
00
 Message type . . . . . :   Information
 Date sent  . . . . . . :   02/27/02      Time sent  . . . . . . :
21:22:05

 Message . . . . :   AS/400 Support for Windows Network Neighborhood
started,
   but an error was encountered.
 Cause . . . . . :   The required AS/400 Support for Windows Network
   Neighborhood (AS/400 NetServer) job QZLSSERVER started, but may not
be fully
   functional because of reason code 3. See the following reason codes
and
   their meanings:
     1 - NETBIOS over TCP/IP started with errors - return code 0.
     2 - A Logon Server or Domain Master Browser service already
running on
   SIRWA01 conflicts with the AS/400 NetServer.
     3 - SIRWA01 has made a conflicting announcement for domain SIRWA.

     4 - SIRWA01 has made a conflicting Local Master Browser
announcement in
   domain SIRWA.

Thanks.

Roger Vicker, CCP

--
*** Vicker Programming and Service *** Have bits will byte ***
www.vicker.com ***