From: midrange-l-admin@midrange.com
[mailto:midrange-l-admin@midrange.com]On Behalf Of David Morris
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2002 11:27 AM
To: midrange-l@midrange.com
Subject: RE: Sending e-mails from AS/400

Mark,

Most of the email support on the AS/400 is "old" and retains
too much office baggage. The SNDDST command along
with the QTMM APIs, all use the AnyMail Mail Server Framework
APIs under the covers. That support was OK five years ago, but
it has not been enhanced in a long time and overly complicates
the process.

More modern alternatives include Java based mail support or
Domino.  At this point, I would steer way from the APIs if my
intent is to find something more flexible.

David Morris

>>> mmanske@minter-weisman.com 02/26/02 10:05AM >>>
Depends on the rest of your set-up;
to start with, this is an "old" way, API's are better and more
flexible...

mark