  Has anyone using Ops Console upgraded from v4.5 to 5.1?  I just wanted to
post a heads-up that might save some of you a few hours of aggravation.

  Right after the first PWRDWNSYS in order to load the LIC, the console
went down / disconnected (as expected.)  But then it didn't come back
up.  I tried loading a service pack, multiple retries, checked that the Ops
Console version was correct (5.1), cables, multiple IPL's, etc.  We kept
ending up w/ SRC A600 5008, which probably means "console not found" (I
found a reference to a similar msg and A600 5001, which applies to a failed
attempt to have an ASCII 3151 terminal as the console.)

  Anyway, to make a loooong story short, it turns out that V5.1 requires
that the 2 cards be swapped and the (serial?) cable moved back to the upper
card.  One card has a network (RJ-45) connection and a small serial
(actually it looks more like a mini Centronics connector) connection and
the other card has 2 serial connectors.

  After powering down, unplugging the machine, swapping the cards,
reconnecting the cable,  closing up the unit, plugging it back in (the
whole process took about 10-15 minutes), the IPL/console fired up w/o a hitch.

  -mark