The user group STATUS, based out of Fort Wayne Indiana is proud to present
our third annual "Day with" series.

Tuesday March 5, 2002

Announcing:
A Day of Java presented by Don Yantzi of the IBM Toronto Labs
Are you an RPG programmer, considering learning Java? Do you think you can?
We do. We will show you the Java language and we will compare it to the RPG
language. You learned RPG, DDS and CL. You can learn Java. Come see for
yourself! This 1 day education is based on a book written by George Farr
and Phil Coulthard. The session will take you though syntax and semantics
of the Java language comparing it to RPG. In addition, other topics will be
discussed if time permits, these topics include:

The World of Java
We will start the day talking about the world of Java. It's like it has its
own vocabulary! "Applets", "Servlets", "ByteCodes", "Beans", "JARs",
"JSPs", "JDKs", "JVMs" ... This first hour will take a gentle tour of the
new world, visiting some of these foreign acronyms and (gasp) nonacronyms.
Don't worry, this world is round too!

The Road to Java
Java is Hot!! You've decided that with the popularity and availability of
Java, perhaps you should be exploring this new world. But what about all
your existing applications? What about your RPG skills? What should be done
with the business data on the AS/400? This session discusses the strategies
and approaches for migrating your current environment to 'the World of
Java'. Topics will include modularizing and modernizing with ILE, DB2/400,
functions and the latest in visual development tools from IBM.

Java Servlets for iSeries Programmers
Java servlets and their cousins JavaServer Pages are the hot choice for
creating User Interfaces ... this week. In this hour we will learn what
servlets are, what JavaServer Pages are, and why they are becoming the new
industry standard for user interfaces. Also covered are AS/400 "how to"
information to get that first servlet and JSP running.

Mixing Java and RPG
Whether you use Java for applications, applets, servlets or
JavaServer Pages today or Enterprise Java Beans
tomorrow, you will probably need/want to access your RPG
code from your Java code. Or access new Java code from
your existing RPG code. Come discover all the options for
calling RPG or COBOL from Java, and for calling to Java
from RPG. Use them together to make the best cup of
coffee in the Word of Java!

VisualAge For Java and the new tooling
Going to write Java code? Great! Plan to use SEU? Not so
great! Come see IBM's premier Java development environment
for Java, and see how it applies to you as an iSeries
programmer. This session describes the functionality and
features available in our new offering: Websphere Studio
Site Developer for iSeries. Come and get a brief introduction
to this award winning product and see what all the
excitement is about.

A Day with Agenda
8:00 Registration & Continental Breakfast
9:00 Session Begins
10:30 Morning Break
  & drawing* for $50 Outback Steakhouse Gift Certificate
10:45 Session Resumes
12:15 Buffet Lunch
  & drawing* for $50 Outback Steakhouse Gift Certificate
1:00 Afternoon Session Begins
2:45 Afternoon Break
  & drawing* for $50 Outback Steakhouse Gift Certificate
3:00 Session Resumes
4:30 Questions and Answers
  & GRAND PRIZE drawing* for a Sony Clie Personal Entertainment Organizer
*must be present to win

Reservation form:
Company: ____________________________________
Member Company : Y N
Number of Registrations: 1 2 3 4 5
Total Due:
Member Company  $125 x ____ = ____________ = ________
Non-Member Company $150 x ____ = ________
Attendees Name(s):
Payment Method:
 Payment at Seminar ______ (Cash or Check)
 Invoice Company _____ To the attention of: ___________
 Check Enclosed ______ (*payment must be paid by 2/28/2002 to receive
discount)
  Mail reservations with payment to:
   Patrick McBride
   Group Dekko Services, LLC
   P.O. Box 2000
   Kendallville IN 46755
Reservations will be taken until Friday, March 1
or until seating capacity is exhausted. or until seating capacity is
exhausted. or until seating capacity is exhausted. or until seating
capacity is exhausted.
Call: Pat McBride 800-829-3101 ext 70432
email: pmcbride@dekko.com