But... if you're going to re-do the application to use gtk, Qt, Xlib, etc,
why use RPG?  Write it in C!  Write it in Perl!  Write it in Python!
Why RPG?  Why not make use of the millions of existing Unix developers?

Is there enough demand for people who want to run RPG on Unix to justify
the HUGE expense of writing it?   Would it make any kind of business sense
for IBM to try to sell it that way?

Now, if IBM would write an SLIC for an Intel box so you can run OS/400 on
Intel hardware...  THAT would be useful :)