Just went to the manuals.

Try adding QUOTE RCMD DSPJOBLOG after the statement that gets the error.
It'll create a spooled file in your spooled file list.

You could put 'quote dbug' into your script before and after what you
are doing. It creates a spooled file called QTMFFTRC. It looks like very
low-level stuff - YMMV.

There's also a TRCTCPAPP command since v4r4 that could get you
something.

Mark Allen wrote:

> Having a problem with list and get.  List brings back nothing, get
> always gives -4 error.  Connects ok per job log. Doing manually with
> same works?  Any ideas?
>
> Mark Allen
> I.S. Manager
> Wilkes Telephone & Electric
> A Dycom Company
> Phone: (706) 678-9565
> Email: allenmark@nu-z.net
> http://www.nu-z.net

Vern Hamberg

Would you like to see a challenging little arithmetic puzzle
that might get you or your kids or grandkids more interested
in math? Go to <http://cgi.wff-n-proof.com/MSQ-Ind/I-1E.htm>

Sillygism--

Something is better than nothing.
Nothing is better than a ham sandwich.
Ergo
Something is better than a ham sandwich.