On Friday 22 February 2002 7:04 am, Chris  wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Does anybody have an example of how I could get an easy
> Report of Users logging on and off the AS/400.
> What I need is the User name and logon /logoff Time and Date.
>
> Best regards
> Chris

Chris

Job start (CPF1124) & end (CPF1164) times are logged in the history log.
Do a DSPLOG LOG(QHST) MSGID(CPF1124 CPF1164) to see the results. You can
dump this to a report for further analysis. You'll need to differentiate
between signon jobs and batch jobs by checking the job name (linking it
to device descriptions maybe?).

I've got a utility at work that displays concurrent jobs[1] for a
specified time & date. It was written to help pinpoint problems with file
locks etc by seeing what else was running at exactly that time. The
scheduled extract program combines each job's start & end times (from a
DSPLOG spoolfile) into a single record which can be queried by the
display routine. The display can subset on user and/or job name. I could
upload the code to my site if you think it might make a reasonable
starting point.

Regards, Martin
[1] WRKCONJOB - not quite what the name might imply - an auditor's fraud
detecting utility maybe ;-)
--
martin@dbg400.net  jamaro@firstlinux.net  http://www.dbg400.net        /"\
DBG/400 - DataBase Generation utilities - AS/400 / iSeries Open        \ /