Hi Peter,

The URL listed below contains the text of RFC 1179 which describes the
LPR/LPD protocol.

http://www.bookcase.com/library/rfc/rfc-index-11xx.html

When using LPR the specification of a number of copies in the LPR Control
file is outlined in reasonably good detail at the following URL.

http://www.linuxprinting.org/man/lpr.1.html

The HP PCL copies command which will produce uncollated copies in ASCII hex
notation is 1B 26 6C <number of copies> 58. The ASCII hex values 30 to 39
correspond to the decimal values zero through 9. If you wanted to create
three uncollated copies of a spool file, you would need to include the PCL
sequence 1B 26 6C 33 58 in the control string header of the document to be
printed. There is no Workstation Customization Object tag related to spool
file copies so you would need to enter the PCL command referenced above into
a different field. One good field could be input paper tray selection which
uses the WSCST Tag DWRSLT. Once the PCL command for copies was embedded into
a customized driver (WSCST of some name) on the IBM host, it would cause
every spool file processed through it to create that number of uncollated
copies.

HTH

Best Regards,

/Paul
--
Paul Tykodi
National Product Manager

p: 603.431.0606 x115
f: 603.436.6432
paul@intermate-us.com
www.intermate.com

>From: "Peter Dow" <pcdow@yahoo.com>
>To: <midrange-l@midrange.com>
>Subject: Re: SNDTCPSPLF destination options
>Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 15:44:16 -0800
>
>Hi Paul,
>
>Thanks for that explanation. Where can I find documentation of the format
of
>the control file?  Is there a standard LPR/LPD command to request
uncollated
>copies? From your explanation, it doesn't sound like the standard
>differentiates. Can the destination options be used to send actual
>model-specific printer commands?
>
>As it turns out, XAIX is fine, since these are all one-page forms.  And the
>Kyocera was emulating an HP and was just for testing; the production
>printers will all be HP 8000 printers.
>
>Thanks for the info!
>
>Peter Dow
>Dow Software Services, Inc.