Earlier there was a link for hardware/software, I advise you check it out,
the link is
http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/support/planning/nav.html
Thanks to Rob Berendt for that one.

Another thing we ran into here were CGI programs here using the qtmhcgi api
which was announced back from what I understand as going away way back on
V3...something,
of which at that time I did not even care about CGI, we were not doing it,
the new
api to use is QZHBCGI.

IBM too does not have anything with regards to printer emulation cards
(IPDS/AFP)
we had some old ones (2-3 years old) that are no longer supported from MPI
in
HP8000 and HP4000 printers.

My suggestion is to check with ALL your vendors (hardware and software)
print off your jobd's and config before the upgrade as some things change
(as they always do with an upgrade) so you can put your settings back.

The only other issue was during the load, it messed up to the point I had to
do
a manual IPL twice until I could get though some issues (turned out to be a
dirty
CD and/or dirty CD reader) so get those cleaned and fingerprints removed.

Also please note very important, your CUM ptfs DO NOT include everything, in
fact some
very critical PTF's can only be found on the web to download, so far they
are not part
of any PTF package - I would suggest if you do not have it working already
(we have not
taken the time here) get the internet ptf download to work if you have a DSL
or T1 grade
internet connection (doing it over the ESC line - well, lets be honest,
sucks)

Good luck....