Oliver,

Its possible there is something wrong with your conversion table.  The
AS/400 operates on a different character code set than most printers and
PC's do.  Therefore, whenever you output to one of these devices/files a
conversion is done (usually to ASCII) so that the output doesn't look like
gibberish.  Your example of the @ becoming a ] reminds me of when I was
converting a Postscript file to ASCII for output to a printer from the 400.
There was something wrong with the QASCII *TBL object in QSYS that did
something wrong with the bracket character so I made my own.  You can do a
WRKTBL QSYS/QASCII to check out how the conversion from one hex value to
another is done.  It might also be something else I'm not aware of.  That
similar bracket problem seemed to good to pass up.

Hope that helps,

Darren