Richard & Scott,

Every place I have ever worked as a programmer, one of the first
tasks I undertook was to audit and clean up mismatched objects.
I just don't like wasting time on things that are not installed
correctly.

Because of that I have several modules that support the
List Program (QBNLPGMI) and List Service Program (QBNRSPGM)
APIs. The list program API support has been out there for a while
so it is part of the last release.  I just added the list service
program
support a little while ago, so they are not part of the main download.

Go to http://iseries-tookit.sourceforge.net to download the main
package.

To get the source for the list service program API, you need to use the

CVS server. You can get to the necessary source at:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/iseries-toolkit/CVSROOT/src/qrpglesrc/lstsrvpgm.irp?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/iseries-toolkit/CVSROOT/src/qprotosrc/lstsrvpgm.proto.irp?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

David Morris

>>> klemscot@klements.com 02/05/02 03:32PM >>>

Use the DSPOBJD API to list the objects to a file.   Each object
will have a source lib/file member in it.  Except for ILE *PGM and
*SRVPGM objects.

For the ILE objects, call the QBNLPGMI (for *PGM) or QBNRSPGM (for
*SRVPGM) APIs to find out what modules were used to compile the
program,
and what source lib/file/member was used there.

In each of these situations, you can retrieve the date that the source
file was changed.  (Actually, I've only done that for ILE objects, but
assume there's a way for the OPM stuff as well)  So you could then
call
the QUSRMBRD API to find out when the source was changed -- you could
use
this to determine whether they were last changed at the same time, and
therefore figure out if they match, if that's an issue for you.

Depending on how deluxe you want this to be, it could turn into a
large project indeed :)