As I recall, object size will not help you very much except for programs.
Even then I believe different compiler options and O/S releases affect the
object size so you would have to ensure the same options are used to compile
now as then.  With files, of course, object size would be completely
irrelevant as the size of the file is governed by the number of members and
records in the file.

The easiest way to identify such mismatches would be to execute DSPOBJD to
an output file for *SERVICE attributes.  This will tell you the source file,
member, and library from which the object was compiled.  The caveat is this
doesn't work with ILE programs (RPGIV, CLLE, and the like).  I believe there
are APIs to retrieve this information and you might be able to find a
discussion on what those are in the archives at midrange.com that occurred
about a year or so ago.

Hope that helps.

Donald R. Fisher, III
Project Manager
The Roomstore Furniture Company
(804) 784-7600 ext. 2124
DFisher@roomstoreeast.com

<clip>
I have been tasked to identify source/object mis-matches for a given
library.  Other than compiling each object in to a temporary library and
comparing object sizes how might I go about identifying mismatches?
<clip>