Dave:

I think part of the point of Pete's message was that this appears to have been
a temporary situation. You might be able to look back through your history logs
to find the first occurrence of the message and review what jobs were running
at the time.

IIRC, this particular message (CPI0999) is going to be resent at regular
intervals until your next IPL regardless of whether the situation has been
corrected. Because DSPSYSSTS showed such a wide difference between 'Maximum
unprotected' and 'Current unprotected', it does look as if the problem was
temporary. Some job was running that created a large number of objects or some
very large compound objects and triggered the message. The job ended; the
objects were temporary and were deleted; but the message is automatically
re-sent simply because "that's the way it works". It's WAD.

It's probable that you can ignore the message for the most part, but you will
definitely want to track down the cause to avoid it happening again with
potentially severe consequences.

Tom Liotta

--
Tom Liotta