I use the open-source TN5250 (originally called "linux5250")

    1)  For Linux, FreeBSD, MacOS X / Darwin  or just about any Unix-like
           environment, you can get it from:
             http://tn5250.sourceforge.net/

    2)  I just released a "beta" version for testing under Windows.
          It's still a little rough around the edges, but I'd LOVE to
          have feedback from more people who've tested it, etc.
          Info about getting/testing it can be found here:
             http://archive.midrange.com/linux5250/200201/msg00013.html

         When this gets a little more mature, I'd like to make a
         "easy-install" with InstallShield...  but I haven't had time
         to play with it.

    3)  If you're interested in my floppy-only solution, I did that by
          compiling a static version of tn5250 and throwing it on a
          PicoBSD disk.  That's a little more complicated, since you
          have to build a disk that's appropriate for your environment
          (you can't fit every driver on one disk).

          A (very out-of-date) web page about PicoBSD is here:
             http://people.freebsd.org/~picobsd/picobsd.html

          Though, I took the FreeBSD sources and just played with them
          to figure out how to build a more up-to-date one.  Naturally,
          you could do the same thing with Linux or any other OS that
          you can get enough of it to fit on a diskette to boot & bring
          up TCP/IP...