From: "Chuck Lewis" <clewis@iquest.net>
To: "Midrange-L List" <MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2002 2:06 PM
Subject: Why Support Line ?

I never thought I'd ask this, as the last shop I worked, we were BIG
with lots of stuff going on and talked to Support Line fairly
regularly...

But I am at a MUCH smaller shop. When I originally got here 3 years ago,
they had just gotten their application software and the AS/400 from BP
Mincron Software in Houston.

So, we originally got Hardware Maintenance, Software Subscription and
Support Line from them and this stuff is coming up on renewal (actually
Hardware Maintenance is up). But I am not so sure about Support Line...

Why would I want to pay for 3 years of Support Line when I NEVER use it
(or haven't in the last 2 1/2 years of the 3 year period ?

Again, I NEVER thought I would even have a question like that but it is
more then either of the other 2 things and that is a LOT of money...

Thanks for any opinions !

Chuck