From: midrange-l@midrange.com
Date: Thursday, January 24, 2002 09:54:00 AM
To: 'midrange-l@midrange.com'
Subject: RE: Use of a trigger...? is this areasonable?

Pete,

I believe V5R1 introduced the "Read" trigger event. Still, using a trigger
to enforce security seems a little out of place. Trigger determines this
record should not be available, pops an exception message to the program,
program blows up unless you've written appropriate error handling into your
app. I would probably go with a logical that omits the FERPA records......

Eric DeLong
Sally Beauty Company
MIS-Sr. Programmer/Analyst
940-898-7863 or ext. 1863