Simply savobj/rstobj will move the program and it will execute, assuming all
necessary
objects (files, data areas, called programs) are also present.

One possible problem is performance. It the COBOL program is called repeatedely
, ie.
for a tax calculation on every line item of an invoice, you will probably
suffer from
poor performance. This is due to the implementation of the COBOL environment on
the
AS/400 & iSeries. When the program ends, all traces of the program environment
are
removed from your job, and must be recreatd the next time the program is called.
Basically the same as ending an RPG program with LR on. To prevent the program
environment from being cleared, there must be a COBOL program higher in the
call stack.
This can be accomplisehed by creating a simple COBOL program that calls the
initial
program for your job. (Or have someone create, compile, and save, then you can
restore).
By having the COBOL program at the top of the program stack, the called program
will act
like an RPG program that returns with LR off.

Had this occur in an environment where the job took 11 HOURS to run. Same Job,
Same
Data, with a COBOL program that just called the initial RPG program, 17
MINUTES! (Been a
while, it mighthave been 17 HOURS to 11 Minutes). The only cange was the
addition of the
one COBOL program. This was done without ever seeing the system. We were given
the name
of the program called to initiate the process, luckily there were no passed
parms.
Wrote, compiled, saved, then FTPed the save file in about 20 minutes. Talked
them thru
getting the FTP from their PC to AS/400 and restoring in about 30 minutes. Then
got the
call that it didn't work. "Why, what happened?" I asked. It only ran 11 minutes
was the
reply. "Did you check the output?" No, the job died. "Were there any error
messages?" NO
was the reply. "check the *&^%()&* output" I replied. Three hours later....
Phone rings,
sheepish customer on the other end. "All the output is correct. "Imagine that.
Guess
that's why you called in the first place........

Gosh, I LOVE this business (bidnes, in texan)........
Bob